In a world that’s full of distractions, it’s important for kids to learn the skills necessary for focusing on a successful, happy life. One way to teach kids important life skills is with martial arts training. This carries over to school, home, and develops skills that can be used throughout life. Karate so much more than kicks and punches!
IMPROVING SELF-DISCIPLINE IS ONE OF THE TOP BENEFITS OF MARTIAL ARTS
- Self-discipline keeps kids focused
- Karate is all about control
- They only get out what they put in
- Hard work leads to advancement and success
INCREASE CONFIDENCE AND SELF-ESTEEM
- Students start with short-term goals like learning a new kick.
- They will progress and perfect new techniques and earn a new belt
- This is accomplished through their own work, dedication, and discipline.
- Continuously building confidence throughout the karate belt system
- Promotions are only achieved through their hard work.
- Achieving goals builds confidence and self-esteem and creates success
ENHANCE SOCIAL AND LIFE SKILLS
- Training with classmates, a bond naturally forms
- Facing and overcoming challenges and obstacles
- Learn and understand personal space and how physical contact is invasive.
- They also realize that just as they are capable, so are others.
- They learn to respect and relate to those around them
DEVELOP A RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY
- Kids will learn to listen to and respect authority figures
- This crosses over , with parents, teachers, and even bosses in adulthood.
LEARN HOW TO HANDLE FAILURE
- Face failure with strength, as a lesson and a motivator.
- Failure means “work harder and try again.”
- Turn “I can’t” into “I can try hard.” That’s a skill that translates to every part of life
We work with children starting at 3 years old. No experience in martial arts necessary! We focus on all aspects of black belt training, including self-defense, focus, respect, and accountability. Each class is designed to develop the critical building blocks kids need – specialized for their age group – for school excellence and later success in life.
Our Adult Martial Arts training in Kali and Jiu Jitsu is a complete adult fitness and conditioning program for teens and adults who want to lose weight, get (and stay in shape) or learn self-defense in a supportive environment. While teaching techniques that save lives with life skills that work both on and off the mat, our students get the best instruction possible. All are welcome to train, no matter their experience level. Our instructors will tailor the lesson to fit each individual.
About the Owner: It all began as a family activity with jiu jitsu and blossomed into a love of martial arts. Confidence through being able to defend yourself is like nothing else, and that confidence changed my kids’ lives! It improved their social and academic skills and has given them a strong foundation for success in life. That has inspired me to share with our community, to help kids on their own journey to a successful future. I’m a military wife, mom, and instructor. I have training in early childhood development and was an in home childcare provider serving military families. I have a passion for people and serving the community in ways that promote a better future. With a passion for helping community members stay safe while teaching the “art” of martial arts, I believe that each student can obtain their goals and objectives in life.
Contact us to start your classes today!